If you need the police in an emergency call 102 or 112 from your mobile, the latter only works in some regions. If you are calling from a landline, dial 02.
If you need to report a crime or incident after the event you will need to do so at a police station. The police should have a means of translation available.
If you are stopped by the police:
- Carry the name of a lawyer in advance and have his phone number with you.
- Ask the police officer to introduce himself and show his police ID. Note down his/her ID on the badge.
- Inform your friends or relatives via SMS that the police stopped you. Tell them where you are.
- Ask for an interpreter.
- If you are arrested, ask to notify your embassy (or consulate).
- Do not run away and do not resist the police officer. Do not touch him or her.
- Do not give your documents to the police - show them your passport or ID from your hands.
- Do not sign any documents if you do not understand the contents.
- Do not make any statement without consulting a lawyer.
If you are arrested you can call or text our Whatsapp advice line: + 7 916 948 11 08